Monday 15 January 2007

My Chemical Romance - Black Parade

My Chemical Romance are the first band to receive a second review on MP3 Wise Monkeys. And there you were putting cold, hard cash on it being Aztec Camera. Well the joke's on you. Here's the first review, if you're interested.

My Chemical Romance have clearly renounced their previous negativity in favour of a more positive outlook. This album's a parade. There's nothing more upbeat than a parade.

Look at the buoyant opening to the album. This is the kind of start that'll have you grinning and bouncing around like a child again. Track one: 'End'. Track two: 'Dead'. Track three: 'This Is How I Disappear'.

No wonder teenagers are such morose losers. Look at what they have to endure. You can't listen to this sort of stuff for long without it corroding your soul in some way. And your intelligence. I hate to keep repeating myself, but track one should never allude to the end of something. 'End' does rather more than just allude to an end.

At least the final track is called 'Famous Last Words' which shows at least a basic comprehension of what's going on.

I could just list song titles from this album and it would function as a review. Here are some more: 'I Don't Love You', 'Disenchanted' or how about the piece de resistance - 'Cancer'.

'Cancer'? I ask you. Who calls a song 'Cancer'? The campaign for more songs about teddy bears having adventures starts here.

No comments: