Tuesday 2 January 2007

The Game - Doctor's Advocate

I frigging hate The Game and I'll tell you why. I play this game called The Game. The rules of The Game are that if you think of The Game, you lose The Game. You can't win. You can only lose. The only way you can think about The Game without losing The Game is if someone else has just lost it and mentioned the fact.

As you might expect, I tend to lose The Game when I hear The Game's name mentioned. I have a similar problem with the film called The Game, starring Michael Douglas.

My second problem with The Game, the rapper, is that The Game is a quite astonishingly ludicrous and nonsensical name. I mean, 'The'? Who calls themself 'The' anything? Even Sting doesn't call himself 'The' and he's a prick these days.

Track 16 is entitled 'Why You Hate The Game' so presumably he just repeats the points I've just made. Maybe he meant to include a question mark at the end, in which case the reasons above should function as an answer.

At least the album title, Doctor's Advocate, indicates that The Game has a healthy respect for the medical profession. Maybe proceeds from sales go straight to the NHS or something. That would make up for all the rude words included on this record. Only one track, the last one, isn't labelled 'explicit'. It's called 'I'm Chillin'.

I think I might add an 'explicit' tag to this site. Everyone knows that it acts like a beacon for children and teenagers who come in search of boobs and guns.

No comments: