Tuesday 9 January 2007

The Strokes - Is This It

After doing The Libertines, I've decided that I'll plough on with all the bands that I don't 'get' because I wasn't around when youth TV was imprinting them onto your retinas.

The Strokes are next. I wasn't nonplussed by The Strokes, like I was with The Libertines, although I still didn't 'get' them. I thought they were all right. Much like everyone else does now. I'm very ahead of my time in that one, sole way. I thought that 'Last Nite' was kind of catchy but insubstantial and I can't remember any other songs. Not for a second is their nationality an excuse for that spelling of 'night' by the way.

There's a bum on the cover of the album. What did everyone make of that when it came out? And did anyone question why there was no question mark after the title? 'Is This It' - that's a question if ever I heard one. Maybe it was supposed to be 'This Is It' and Terry in charge of the album cover ballsed it up.

Maybe the person attached to the bum was forming a question mark with their body, but the bum was the only good bit, so they had to zoom in.

No comments: