Sunday 10 December 2006

My Chemical Romance - Life On The Murder Scene

The kids are loving their My Chemical Romance these days. I know this because I read it in the Observer. I'm very much down with the kids, so long as broadsheet Sunday newspapers keep me abreast of the situation.

To be honest, I haven't yet read the article. It looked a bit too annoying. It featured lots of interviews with young teenagers. If there's one thing more annoying than the opinions of a teenager, it's the opinions of a weird teenager who thinks they're an outsider.

There were lots of pictures of girls with big crosses drawn in make-up around their eyes and others who had done themselves up to look splattered in blood. Nice branding.

I also learnt that My Chemical Romance are an Emo band. This is not to be confused with ELO who are an entirely different proposition. Emo was short for 'emotional hardcore' originally, but it's kind of broadened in meaning now. I'm not going to say anything else on the subject because it'll be glaringly apparent that I got all my information from Wikipedia, which isn't really the way you should find out about rock music.

No comments: