Tuesday 23 January 2007

Hot Chip - The Warning

I can't shake the feeling that this band are from the Seventies. Who am I thinking of?

Track two on this album is entitled 'And I Was A Boy From School' - so who is Hot Chip? Let's look at the facts: They were from school; they're a boy. That doesn't especially narrow it down, so I'm going to need more facts to go off.

Track 12 is 'Won't Wash', so that does narrow it down quite a lot. My money's on it being Alec. Track 11's 'No Fit State' so that would seem to back this up.

I'm not sure if I want to buy records by Alec. I don't really want to encourage him. On the other hand, maybe encouragement's what he needs. It's just that I can't shake the feeling that the CD case would smell. Maybe that's what The Warning of the title is. Either the smell's a warning to leave the CD or the warning's in advance of the smell.

Either way, I'm off chips for a few days.

No comments: