Tuesday 30 January 2007

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Somebody once put this album on my PC. I don't know who it was. All I know is that one day I was listening to music, felt a bit wild and set it to 'random'. What should come up? Pink Floyd. Live.

I don't know when it happened, I don't know who was responsible, but when I find out, they're for it. I'll splash water in their face or draw a penis on their back in chalk. I'm not sure yet.

There's about eighty tracks on this album and they're all about 20 minutes long. Was it all one gig? I hope everyone had a comfy chair for the duration. At what point did the encores start?

I didn't think I was that against Pink Floyd, but seriously, the amount of times I've skipped to the next track can't mean anything else. It's not as simple as that though. The songs are mostly airy soundscape kinds of things. You can easily not notice that they're going on for a while. Before you know it, you've listened to eight minutes of 'build-up'. I put that in inverted commas because the songs never actually build up TO anything.

'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' - what? Is this an ode to Anne Diamond?

No comments: