Wednesday 3 January 2007

Snow Patrol - Eyes Open

I remember hearing someone talking about this album on Radio 1. They kept saying 'ice open' instead of 'Eyes Open'. I didn't know what the album was called at the time, so I'm retrospectively incensed by their leading me astray.

The more I think about it, the more genuinely enraged I become. I'm not even sure who it was, but the thought of Jo Whiley's face seems to be making me worse, so it was probably her. Let's say it was. Bitch.

More cheeringly, Snow Patrol's song arranging skills are exemplary on Eyes Open. I don't mean their choice of musical arrangements. I mean what order they've put the songs in. For example, 'Shut Your Eyes' precedes 'Open Your Eyes'. It seems simple, but you'd be amazed how many people get this wrong. Technically, you could start from a shut-eyed status and return there, but I think you'll agree a brief closing of eyes is better than a brief opening.

Secondly, the final track is called 'The Finish Line'. Other artists take note: This is how to organise your track-listing.

No comments: