Thursday 18 January 2007

Just Jack - Overtones

The first time I heard of Just Jack he was on telly. It was wispy disco of no real consequence. Now he keeps appearing on the radio and it's pissing me off.

I don't even listen to the radio that much at the minute, so he must be really annoying to get under my skin with such little exposure. He's this week's Sixpence None The Richer. I fucking hate Sixpence None The Richer. One day I'll tell you why.

What I also didn't know and hasn't helped their cause, is that the single, 'Starz In Their Eyes', is spelt the way it is. Add that to the underwhelming and obscenely repetitive delivery of the chorus and you've got a super-smash hit of the wankest quality on your hands.

There's something about the way the different sections of the song roll into each other that pisses me off as well - like Just Jack's constantly on some quest to surprise you. If you know that someone's trying to surprise you, you can't be surprised.

It reminds me of the band that Christopher Moltisanti tries to manage in The Sopranos. They sing a song with fifteen different segments, but no chorus, as the producer is forced to tell them in despair.

Just Jack previously completed a degree in furniture design (honestly). And he thought THAT was a waste of time.

No comments: