Sunday 10 December 2006

Coldplay - X&Y

I'm the kind of person who habitually wears cardigans and doesn't like nights out that get too boisterous. I should really like Coldplay. I don't. They're too dull even for me.

I'm actually regretting starting to write about X&Y and I haven't even mentioned it yet. I've pretty much run out of things to say.

That song 'Fix You' is on this album. You know it, just as you know all of the songs on this album. I was thinking about the words in isolation - 'fix you'. It sounds kind of like a threat. I can imagine a half-cut Glaswegian saying it to me after I'd looked at him funny or something. Coming from the mouth of Chris Martin it could NEVER be a threat. He actually wants to fix you. Good luck mate.

Another single was 'Speed of Sound'. Not 'speed of light'. There's no need to go overboard, is there?

No comments: