Friday 16 March 2007

Zero 7 - The Garden

The Garden doesn't sound quite wispy and ineffectual enough for something by Zero 7. A garden could potentially contain solid elements like walls and chairs. Zero 7 are less palpable than that.

Here are some better names for a Zero 7 album: Lavender; Some Lavender fluttering in the breeze; Lavender Flowers; A Waft Of Lavender On The Breeze; Massaged With Lavender.

Any of those, really. Anything just so long as the words barely form anything in your mind at all. Listening to Zero 7 is akin to having a fight with a butterfly. You want to lash out, but it's probably just better to ignore it and eventually it'll go away.

I don't need music to 'chill out' to. I can chill out unaided. Give me five minutes without anything I absolutely HAVE to do and I'll be chilled out. Put some chill out music on though and I'll feel something more akin to despair or profound misery. I think it's the idea that you have to be cool even when you're chilling out. Coolness has no place when chilling.

I don't chill out. I don't know what I'm talking about. Sometimes I sit down and drink tea or stare into space. That's not chilling. You've got to be deadly serious about chilling. Chilling's no joke.

No comments: