Wednesday 28 March 2007

Avril Lavigne - The Best Damn Thing

I know what you're thinking: If this Avril Lavigne album were a song by Carter USM, which would it be? The answer, of course, is 'Look Mum, No Hands!'

So, according to Avril Lavigne, just what IS the best damn thing? I haven't looked at the tracklisting yet and I'm almost bursting with excitement at what might await...

Track one is 'Girlfriend' so I'm going to take that as Avril's answer, which is weird because I didn't realise she was, you know, one of those, you know... with the... and the... who likes...

But what kind of girlfriend is Avril after? Track 10: 'One Of Those Girls' - which presumably means, one of THOSE girls; one like Avril; a 'you know'; a girl's girl.

It's nice that Avril's being realistic. No point mooning over some girl, if you've got no chance is there? I mean 'mooning' as in that teenage habit of being all lovelorn and preoccupied. No wait, I've changed my mind. Let's have it as the other meaning. If you're Avril Lavigne, there's no point exposing your buttocks while situated above a heterosexual girl.

'Lavigne' is a stupid name and it's hard to spell.

No comments: