Wednesday 14 March 2007

The Rakes - Ten New Messages

I don't particularly know The Rakes. I've heard them, but I can't remember which they are. Also, is it 'rakes' as in bon viveurs, frittering their money away on booze, gambling and women or is it 'rakes' as in the tined leaf-collecting/moss-removing tool?

Either way, I'm pleasantly surprised by their offerings. 'Down With Moonlight' - right on. If moonlight didn't exist, Toploader wouldn't have covered 'Dancing In The Moonlight' and none of us would have had to suffer the worst, most-affected singing voice in the history of music.

'When Tom Cruise Cries' - I want to know more. What happens when he cries? Do people believe that he's upset? I wouldn't. Does he dehydrate due to his abnormally small size and therefore the minuscule amount of water in his body? What? Tell me, you Rakes. Tell me.

'Time To Stop Talking' - It's almost always time to stop talking. People on the whole talk far too much and frown at you if you don't talk back, but instead glower at them.

'World Was A Mess But His Hair Was Perfect' - This would back up the the idea that these are rakes like Terry Thomas was a rake. Look at them. Look at The Rakes swanning round, chatting up the ladies and swilling Lambrini in a fancy glass, pretending it's a posh drink.

No comments: