Friday 9 February 2007

Fall Out Boy - Infinity On High

I'm pretty sure that this band should be called Fallout Boy rather than Fall Out Boy. It's their band, of course and they can call it what they like, but I still think I'm right.

There's the small matter of the vast weight of evidence proving their backwards English, you see.

Track four: 'I'm Like A Lawyer With The Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off (Me And You)'. Now that's a bad pun, a bit childish and overlong to boot.

Track seven: 'Thnks Fr Th Mmrs'. No vowels. Vowels are good. Vowels are what separate us from donkeys and satanists (satanists who don't use vowels, that is).

Track eight: 'The (After) Life of the Party'. We're not stupid. We know another shit play on words when we see one. You don't need to use parentheses. Those brackets just act like a beacon for your own mental ineptitude.

Track nine: 'The Carpal Tunnel of Love'. No brackets, but an even more moronic linguistic twist.

Track ten: 'Bang the Doldrums'. Three in a row. A frigging hat trick of song titles written before the songs themselves.

Track 12: 'You’re Crashing, but You’re No Wave'. A quick breather for track 11 and on with the fun and games.

Track 13: 'I’ve Got All This Ringing in my Ears and One on my Finger'. The worst yet. You don't put a 'ringing' on your finger, you put a 'ring' on it. Words fail me.

Track 15: 'G.I.N.A.S.F.S'. Does anyone, anyone at all, want to know what that stands for? It's a UK bonus track. Why do we have to suffer?

No comments: