Thursday 15 February 2007

Mika - Life In Cartoon Motion

This is how much of a bad idea it is for me to write this site: I saw the cover of Life In Cartoon Motion and thought that I'd review it. Then I realised that I didn't know what Mika was, man, woman or band. Then I saw him on telly or something and realised he was a chap. Following my usual extensive research, I also learnt that his record had been number one.

The problem is that I don't really pay much attention to anything. I'm pretty much certain that I've heard a few of his songs, but I can't bring them to mind. It's not that I'm ill-informed. Just that I'm a bit unreceptive to new information.

Mika was born in Beirut. I'm a bit sick of this. Why does everyone have to be interesting these days? Everyone's all multicultural and has exotic upbringings. Ah, well if everyone's like that, surely you're the unusual one, you say? Well no, because I was exaggerating. In truth there are still just enough people like me that I can be classed as part of the crowd or the masses or whatever.

Pick ANY facet of life and ask me about it. I'll have an answer that bores you to tears with its predictability.

Track 10: 'Happy Ending/Over My Shoulder'. There are 11 tracks. I suppose it's exotic to not have 'Happy Ending' as the ending. Bastard.

No comments: