Thursday 22 February 2007

The Fray - How To Save A Life

What? Sorry? Come again? No, sorry, you'll have to repeat that. What did you say? Huh? Are you having a laugh? Just what are you trying to tell me?

Now I've no problem with indecipherable lyrics, but The Fray are pushing it. No. The Fray have pushed it. The Fray have taken a big, long run-up and pushed and pushed and pushed until their little hearts have burst. Then they've gone down to the hospital, had transplants and returned for another bout of pushing.

I don't understand ONE WORD that this guy says on their super-smash, mega-selling, ultra-number-one single, 'How To Save A Life'. I presume that at least part of it is the words 'how to save a life' but I can't spot when it happens.

I actually thought they were Croatian or Lithuanian or something and were singing in their mother tongue. They're not. The Fray are from Colorado.

The Fray have produced the worst keyboard rock since Toploader did 'Dancing In The Moonlight'. If you're after a recommendation for How To Save A Life, that's the best I can come up with: The vocals aren't as annoying as the Toploader bloke's on 'Dancing In The Moonlight'.

No comments: