Wednesday 14 February 2007

2Pac - Pac's Life

I've just had a bit of a read about 2Pac and unfortunately there are too many shootings for me to glean any useful information.

I can't remember which shooting's which, they're so frequent. He was only 25 when he died. How did he fit it all in? Do you know how many shootings I've been involved in? None - and I'm 28.

The only factual nugget that stuck in my head was that he was convicted of "sexual abuse (forcibly touching the buttocks)". That's a quote. It was more sinister than that sounds though, so you probably shouldn't laugh.

Another vaguely funny 2Pac related fact with a sinister pay-off is the name of his godfather - Elmer 'Geronimo' Pratt. Elmer 'Geronimo' Pratt murdered a schoolteacher during a bank robbery.

Pac's Life is 2Pac's sixth posthumous album. This means that he has now released more records as a dead man than as a live one. Death's no longer the barrier to success that it once was.

I'm a bit bored with mocking hip hop song titles at the minute. Let's just say that there are altogether too many Zs in the track listing and too few Ss.

His first album was called 2Pacalypse Now. I'd have something to say about that title, if I were reviewing it. It's a work of bad-play-on-words genius.

No comments: