Tuesday 6 February 2007

Roxy Music - Best Of

I'm not entirely 100% certain why I'm doing Roxy Music. I don't particularly like them. They haven't got a record out and I don't believe in Best Ofs. Not that I don't credit their existence - I just think they're a bad idea.

Bryan Ferry's dad looked after pit ponies up in Washington, Tyne-and-Wear. He was not, as you might imagine, the fourteenth Earl of Winchester, indulgent of his young son's high society, playboy lifestyle; at once suave and debonair, yet aware of his family's rich heritage.

It's Bryan Ferry's fault you think that, because he always swanned around with models, sipping Martini and wearing cravates. He spent his studio time crooning away from the sanctity of his chaise longue with a flunky popping olives into his mouth during the middle-eight.

Weirdly, prior to this, Roxy Music were a rock band. An actual, real-life, make-a-bit-of-noise rock band - albeit quite an experimental one, which actually makes them better still. This was primarily down to Brian Eno. He's bald and a sort of rock-boffin.

We've just read this back and we're none-the-wiser as to why we decided to 'do' Roxy Music today.

No comments: