Thursday 1 February 2007

Get Cape Wear Cape Fly - Chronicles Of A Bohemian Teenager

Now you're talking: Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly. There's a name for a band.

Who cares what it sounds like. This fella's clearly got at least a rudimentary grasp of what's good and what's shite. 'Chronicles Of A Bohemian Teenager' isn't good, mind, but that's more than outweighed by Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly.

Then there's track 11: 'If I Had A Pound For Every Stale Song Title I'd Be 30 Short Of Getting Out Of This Mess'. I'm not making this up. Don't be fooled, because it is just the kind of thing that I do make up. It's a genuine song title.

I'm particularly enamoured with the 'mess' bit of that. It's not enough to have a song title that refers to shit song titles and it's not enough to have a song title that's ludicrously lengthy. He's also alluded to how miserable everyone is all of the time.

There's no sensible category for this, but adding 'Nu-Folk' would pretty much devalue the entire site, so I'm going to shoe-horn it into inappropriate genres like I normally do.

No comments: