Tuesday 17 April 2007

Fightstar - Grand Unification

What the hell kind of an album title is Grand Unification? A shit one, that's what.

I mistakenly read the word 'theory' at the end as well. I managed to do this three times. I just checked and it really isn't there. This is probably a sign of how clever I am. I'm always reading about physics, you see. Phwoo. Not a year goes by - not one single year - without my reading something from the baffling world of physics.

Is this a concept album? I'm looking at the song titles and there's a vague narrative that implies most of these songs are dreams.

Track one is called 'To Sleep'. Track four, 'Sleep Well Tonight'. Track nine, 'Open Your Eyes'. Track 11, 'Hazy Eyes'. Finally, track 13 is called 'Wake Up'.

Claiming to read physics writing annually? Reading things into the tracklisting of an ex-Busted member's album? It's a wonder I've got any brainpower left.

No comments: