Tuesday 22 May 2007

Natasha Bedingfield - Nb

'I've got a fantastically oversized mouth. I wonder what I should put on the cover of my album. I know. I'll use my mouth and pretty much nothing else'.

This probably wasn't the train of thought that led to this album cover, but I can't really comprehend what did happen.

This is yet another pop album where the song titles are all utterly meaningless. 'Still Here', 'Who Knows', 'Say It Again', 'Not Givin' Up'. There is, quite simply, NOTHING that means ANYTHING amongst that. It's like staring at a wall you've painted white. Some bits appear to stand out, but it's actually just your mind imploding as a result of the unrelenting blanditude.

However, there is one hidden gem: 'Pirate Bones'. Anything overtly piratical can't be bad. It's not possible. Pirates are inherently wonderful. Think about it: Captain Pugwash, Pop Up Pirate - both works of genius.

No comments: