Thursday 14 June 2007

The Game - The Documentary

Unexpectedly, this Game album is a concept piece inspired by Nick Broomfield's documentary about South African white supremacist, Eugene Terreblanche - hence the title 'The Documentary'.

The Game commented: "People may have expected me to record another album about the hood full of name-dropping of other west coast rap stars, but that's just not me.

"I was profoundly affected by Broomfield's portrait of Eugene Terreblanche. It was astonishing to realise that such a man could wield power in this day and age, but more than that, the film was an intriguing insight into a certain part of South African society.

"It was strange to see the human side of such outwardly hateful people, while at the same time, it was astounding to see the delusion behind their unsavoury beliefs.

"Hopefully this record will reflect that. I don't even say 'ho' on it or anything."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nooo.....I lost 'The Game'! Damn you!